Atami Trip - Part 4 (Atami to Odawara)

Having aborted the last leg to Mishima, I am back in Odawara now.  


I checked the flat tire in the morning and found that it had list a little pressure, but was serviceable.  To be sure, I pumped it up until the pressure was around the same as the rear tire, and then went to a cafe to kill some time.  When I went back to check about an hour later, there was no noticeable pressure loss, so I continued on my way.  


It occurred to me that last time on my way through Odawara I had not actually ventured near the station, as the net cafe I stayed at was quite a ways away.  Since I had found that there were some cheap hotels nearby, I decided to give the station a try this time.  

Taking the windy road (Partly route 135, partly Ogawara-Yugawara Line) was fun, but a little tiring, as it was 40kph and 30kph all the day, and I tried to keep up that speed as best as I could in order to minimize the number of cars passing me.  

I stopped again at Yegawara McDonalds to rest again this time, but not for nearly as long, and it wasn't really necessary.  There were no navigation snags or deep mountain trail riding this time.  

I took a bit of a detour on the way to the station because I wanted to see the Odawara castle my friend had told me about.  


Sadly, the hotels in question were all booked up this time, so I ended up having to head back to the net cafe anyway.  At least the distance between the two (about 6km) was flat ground!


It's amazing how time flies.  The trip alone didn't take that long, but stopping in Yugawara, stopping near Odawara station, parking, un-parking, moving to the net cafe and getting settled in, going to eat, etc. - suddenly it was 9pm!

Tomorrow, I'll head back to Atsugi, and possibly then onto Machida.  

Return to Atami Trip - Part 3 (Odawara to Atami)
Continue to Atami Trip - Part 5 (Odawara to Machida)


コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

New Blog for Cycling Related Content

Yamaha YPJ MT-Pro Pedal Upgrade & Reflective Pedals

Why don't you use GoPro or Garmin?