Atami Trip - Part 5 (Odawara to Machida)

I made it to Atsugi Hayashi ahead of schedule, arriving at 10:10.

The straight line distance in the map was less than 30km, but of course once I planned a route it was longer - 36km to be exact.


The other thing is that I stopped at Atsugi Hayashi last time, however I thought it might be interesting to stop near Atsugi station this time instead.  The only issue is that sometimes parking can be a pain near the station, and I didn't want that hassle for what I hope is just a quick stop.  

I decided I had experienced enough of the scenic view and wanted to prioritize getting here quickly, so I chose Google maps instead of Navitime.

The first part of my trip involved roads with a speed limit of 40kph, so I tried on the road and kept up my speed as best as I could.  I made good time during this portion of the trip.

The second part was hight speed roads with a limit of around 50kph, so I decided to relax and ride on the sidewalk.

The last part was retails along the river, including some unpaved muddy sections.  Some Google maps does know some bike trails after all.  Since these were mixed use trails, I proceeded slowly here as well.

Overall the trip here was decidedly more urban than when I traveled the opposite way.  Google Maps estimated 2.5 hours, but I made it in less than 2.  Of that, about 1.5 was actually moving.  (Red lights add up!). Still, I did get a few decent photos once I got away from the main roads.    





You can't see it so well here, but there is a lot of mud stuck the the underside.  

It is only about 1 - 1.5 hours from here to Machida, and I still feel fine, so I am strongly considering continuing on today - after I get something to eat, of course.  
Indeed I did make it to Machida after resting for about two hours in Atsugi Hayashi.  



Return to Atami Trip - Part 4 (Atami to Odawara)
Proceed to Atami Trip - Part 6 (Machida to Suginami)

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

New Blog for Cycling Related Content

Yamaha YPJ MT-Pro Pedal Upgrade & Reflective Pedals

Why don't you use GoPro or Garmin?